Monday, December 12, 2016

Week 10 EOC: My Plan

When I first moved to Las Vegas for school, it was my goal to work for at a high-end luxury boutique. I recently landed a part time job at Louis Vuitton located in the Fashion Show Mall. Louis Vuitton is a part of LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moet and Hennessy), which is a European luxury goods conglomerate, hardhearted in Paris. In 1987, Louis Vuitton and Moet Hennessy merged, forming a corporation that currently controls around 70 companies.

Louis Vuitton itself is number 17 on Forbes “World’s most Valuable Brands,” the brand value carries a hefty 27.3 Billion. Considering its humble beginning, I would say that is quite remarkable. Louis Vuitton was 16 years old when he arrived in Paris, he was a determined young man, and started as an apprentice for a box-maker and packing shop. In a short time, he became well known for his technique and innovative ideas. In 1854, he established his very own box-making and packing shop and today has expanded to the luxury empire that we all know and love today.  

It is my desire to grow within this company and learn and much as a possibly can. My interests are in buying, visual merchandising, and fashion design. With a company as large as this, the possibilities are endless. With hard work, determination, and the necessary tools, I believe my goal is attainable.

This class has helped me understand the numbers that drive a business and ultimately determine its overall success. Although, there is still much to learn, it is a good starting point and foundation for my personal success.

Eventually, I would like to own a fashion boutique one day, that is my end game. However, I believe it is essential to absorb as much information as I can before making a business venture of my own. Educating myself is the first step, after that, it is the application of what I have learned that will determine how far and how high I go. Sky is the limit!


No comments:

Post a Comment